As'salamu Alaikum dear brothers and sisters,
I thought I should start sharing with you my upcoming articles' notes so that you would know what I am currently working on from my big que of tasks:THE DOUBTING THOMAS:
- Doubting Thomas said "My Lord and my God" to Jesus. Yet, all believers were called "God", and Moses was the "God" of the Believers, Aaron and Pharaoh:Moses was called "The God" (Exodus 7:1) of the Believers
, Aaron and Pharaoh. Jesus said he was greater than Moses. Thomas, the Disciple, called Jesus "My Lord and my God"
). Jesus denied to be GOD Almighty. All Believers were called "GODS and Sons of GOD"
) in the Bible. "GOD" in the Bible also means master, leader, priest. Therefore, the doubting Thomas' statement didn't suggest that Jesus was his Creator. And Jesus being a "God" doesn't mean that he is GOD Almighty. He is just another mere "God" like the rest of the believing creations and nothing more. For ample more details, visit:www.answering-christianity.com/godtitle.htm
- Doubting Thomas called Jesus "My Lord and my God". Did he call Jesus the Creator of the Universe? What does "God" here mean? Does it mean that Jesus is GOD Almighty, the Soverign LORD and Creator of everything?
- Moses was called the "God" of Aaron and the believers.
- Moses was called the "God" of Pharoah.
- Jesus said that he is greater than Moses.
- Why should it be a surprise that Jesus is a "God" (god)?
- The Bible says about the believers: "Ye are all gods, and ye are all sons of GOD".
- Many have Godly names. For example, Gabriel means STRONG GOD.
- Also Melchizedek in the Bible had no beginning and no end, and no father and no mother. The Bible says that Jesus had to be in ACCORDING TO Melchizedek. So Melchizedek was also a "God", and Jesus was a "God" in according to this Jews' "God", Melchizedek, who was also the Jews' Highest Priest.
- Jesus said that:
- Only GOD Almighty Knows when the Hour will come. No one knows it including Jesus himself.
- Why do you call me "Good". No one is Good except GOD Alone.
- Hear O Israel, the LORD our GOD, the LORD is One.
- I can't do anything of my own initiative.
- If I bear witness of myself my witness will not be True. This is very important because in the Bible, you need at least two witnesses for any testimony. But for GOD Almighty, no witness is required, because He is the ULTIMATE TRUTH and WITNESS. GOD Almighty needs no witness. So Jesus' statement here clearly says that he is not the Creator.
- Also, the "God" (theos) was used to others in the Bible, including to satan himself. So Jesus being Thomas' Theos doesn't mean that Thomas meant it to be that Jesus is the Creator, nor when Jesus accepted this title from Thomas that Jesus accepted that he is the Creator. After all, Jesus had always denied being anything worthy of even considering if he were to be without GOD Almighty. So Jesus clearly isn't GOD Almighty.JESUS IS GOD'S SLAVE:
The following are only a few quick examples from the 10s (tens) that exist in the Old Testament:
- "Servant" in the Old Testament, is it the same as "Slave"?
Slave and Servant are the same word in the Old Testament:http://biblehub.com/lexicon/exodus/21-20.htm
Jesus was called GOD's Abad (slave) in the Old Testament:http://biblehub.com/lexicon/zechariah/3-8.htm
- Does "God" title refute Islam since Islam doesn't give titles of "God" and "Son of God" to creations?
- Allah Almighty in the Glorious Quran recognized the "Sons of GOD" title, and He also addressed it.
- So the believers being given these titles before Islam wasn't something anti-Islamic.
- Every religion had Its own Covenant and Law. The Covenant of Noah for example was different from the Covenant of Moses.
- Islam's Covenant isn't into the "Son of GOD" and "God" (god) titles, because the disease of idol worship and all of the falsehoods that evolved from it, all the way to trinity, required for GOD Almighty to reset all of this mess and to restore the ORIGINAL FAITH, ISLAM, where GOD Almighty is ONE and there is NONE LIKE UNTO HIM (this is in the Glorious Quran and throughout the previous scriptures).
- So Islam discontinuing the use of "son of GOD" and "god" titles is valid, because Islam came to restore the Original Faith. "Rab" is still being used today, which means Master and it is used for both human-masters such as husbands and fathers, and also used for GOD Almighty.
- It's ok to have a creation-rab, but do not elate him to the dangerous level of shirk (associating partners with Allah Almighty), because shirk is an unforgivable sin if you die on it. Such shirk practices would include getting blessings from your creation-rab, and getting Divine inspirations and guidance by calling unto him, and elating him to a status of you being below him, and he being spiritually above you. Also bowing to him would lead to shirk.ADDITIONAL MATERIAL:
I will put the detailed article together, soon Insha'Allah.