What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog | Youtube |
Challenge to Christians
(He is a new convert to Islam)
I have compiled a list of verses that Christians neglect. They practice what is called selective morality when it comes to the Bible. They choose verses and jam it down ours throats, and the rest they ignore and reject vehemently. Its about time we have exposed this truth about those who claim to be followers of Christ. They really dont follow him at all. My comments are in red.
(1) Do they fast like Jesus?
When you fast, do not look somber as the hypocrites do, for they disfigure their faces to show men they are fasting. I tell you the truth, they have received their reward in full. But when you fast, put oil on your head and wash your face, 18so that it will not be obvious to men that you are fasting, but only to your Father, who is unseen; and your Father, who sees what is done in secret, will reward you. (Matthew 6:16-18)
And when he had fasted forty days and forty nights, he was afterward an hungred. (Matthew 4:2)
And he said unto them, This kind can come forth by nothing, but by prayer and fasting. (Mark 9:29)
People had complained to Jesus saying, Why do the disciples of John fast often, and make prayers, and likewise the disciples of the Pharisees; but thine eat and drink? (Luke 5:33). But Jesus replied that as long as he is with them his disciples should not fast, but after he is taken away then they will fast in those days (Luke 5:35).
So after they had fasted and prayed (Acts 13:3)
* Christians do not fast; neither do they put oil on their heads. The disciples fasted like Jesus after his departure, and Muslims (Isaiah 56:5: the future believers' name. Sons and daughters titles will be "no more") fast like them too!
(3) Do they behave like Jesus?
The Bible describes the character of Jesus:
So he made a whip out of cords, and drove all from the temple area, both sheep and cattle; he scattered the coins of the money changers and overturned their tables. (John 2:5)
And when they wanted wine, the mother of Jesus saith unto him, They have no wine.
Jesus saith unto her, Woman, what have I to do with thee? mine hour is not yet come.
But those mine enemies, which would not that I should reign over them, bring hither, and slay [them] before me. (Luke 19:27)
I have come to bring fire on the earth, and how I wish it were already kindled! (Luke 12:49)
(4) Do they hate their family members?
"If anyone comes to me and does not hate his father and mother, his wife and children, his brothers and sistersyes, even his own lifehe cannot be my disciple. (Luke 14:26)
* We know the Bible strictly forbids getting drunk and prohibits drinking wine (Leviticus 10:9) Christianity is the cause of the social corruptions today, so how many Christians hate their family members?
(5) Do they pray in the manner of Jesus?
And he went a little further, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou [wilt]. (Matthew 26:39)
* Do Christians pray like Jesus? The answer is no. The scripture above seems to imply that Christians are blind people who cannot discern the fact with their own eyes that Jesus prayed in physical manner.
Other significant examples:
And when Abram was ninety years old and nine, the Lord appeared to Abram, and said unto him, I am the Almighty God; walk before me and be thou perfect. And I will make my covenant between me and thee, and will multiply thee exceedingly. And Abram fell on his face: and God talked with him, saying, As for Me, behold, My covenant is with thee, and thou shalt be a father of many nations. (Genesis 17:1-4)
Come, let us bow down in worship, let us kneel before the LORD our Maker;
And all the angels stood round about the throne, and about the elders and the four beasts, and fell before the throne on their faces, and worshipped God, Saying, Amen: Blessing, and glory, and wisdom, and thanksgiving, and honour, and power, and might, be unto our God for ever and ever. Amen.
rent his clothes, and fell to the earth upon his face
before the ark of the Lord until eventide, he and the elders of
And Moses and Aaron went from the presence of the assembly unto the door of the tabernacle of the congregation, and they fell upon their faces: and the glory of the Lord appeared unto them. (Numbers 20:6)
(6) Sell everything and give to the poor?
"All these I have kept since I was a boy," he said. When Jesus heard this, he said to him, "You still lack one thing. Sell everything you have and give to the poor, and you will have treasure in heaven. Then come, follow me." (Luke 18:21-22)
* Should Christians accept poverty and sell everything they have? This teaching is neglected because the Christian West is known as the consumerist society.
(7) Is marrying divorced women adultery?
But I tell you that anyone who divorces his wife, except for marital unfaithfulness, causes her to become an adulteress, and anyone who marries the divorced woman commits adultery. (Matthew 5:32, 19:9)
* Marrying a divorced woman is adultery? How many Christians have broken this law?
(8) Are they supposed to gouge their eyes? Cut off their hands?
If your hand causes you to sin, cut it off. It is
better for you to enter life maimed than with two hands to go into hell, where the fire
never goes out. And if your foot causes you to sin, cut it off. It is better for you to enter
life crippled than to have two feet and be thrown into hell. And if your eye
causes you to sin, pluck
it out. It is better for you to enter the
(9) Are they allowed to save money?
"Do not store up for yourselves treasures on earth, where moth and rust destroy, and where thieves break in and steal. But store up for yourselves treasures in heaven, where moth and rust do not destroy, and where thieves do not break in and steal. (Matthew 6:19-20)
to be forbidding banks to exist, since the words where thieves break in and
steal implies the storage of money and bank robbers! Jesus rejects the accumulation
of money, thats why he overturned the money changers at the
Volume 2, Book 24, Number 488:
Narrated Zaid bin Wahab:
I passed by a place called Ar-Rabadha and by chance I met Abu Dhar and asked him, "What has brought you to this place?" He said, "I was in Sham and differed with Muawiya on the meaning of (the following verses of the Quran): 'They who hoard up gold and silver and spend them not in the way of Allah.' (9.34). Muawiya said, 'This verse is revealed regarding the people of the scriptures." (Sahih Bukhari)
(10) Will rich people enter Heaven?
Again I tell you, it is easier for a camel to go through the eye of a
needle than for a rich man to enter the
(11) Can they move mountains?
He replied, "Because you have so little faith. I tell you the truth, if you have faith as small as a mustard seed, you can say to this mountain, 'Move from here to there' and it will move. Nothing will be impossible for you (Matthew 17:20)
Jesus replied, "I tell you the truth, if you have faith and do not doubt, not only can you do what was done to the fig tree, but also you can say to this mountain, 'Go, throw yourself into the sea,' and it will be done.
* Remember when Jesus cursed the fig tree and it withered, bearing the sign that no fruit will grow from it again. Jesus himself made it clear:
Seeing a fig tree by the road, he went up to it but found nothing on it except leaves. Then he said to it, "May you never bear fruit again!" Immediately the tree withered.
* Since the fig tree withered in the literal sense, it means that Christians can also move mountains in the literal sense too! This is precisely what Matthew 21:21 is dictating.
(12) Can they walk on snakes?
I have given you authority to trample on snakes and scorpions and to overcome all the power of the enemy; nothing will harm you. (Luke 10:19)
(13) Are they absolutely perfect?
Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly Father is perfect. (Matthew 5:48)
(14) Dont practice good deeds in public?
"Be careful not to do your 'acts of righteousness' before men, to be seen by them. If you do, you will have no reward from your Father in heaven. (Matthew 6:1)
(15) Do you follow this verse? Nobody really does.
But I tell you, Do not resist an evil person. If someone strikes you on the right cheek, turn to him the other also. (Matthew 5:39)
(16) Do not worry about tomorrow?
"Therefore I tell you, do not worry about your life, what you will eat or drink; or about your body, what you will wear. Is not life more important than food, and the body more important than clothes?
"And why do you worry about clothes? See how the lilies of the field grow. They do not labor or spin. Yet I tell you that not even Solomon in all his splendor was dressed like one of these. If that is how God clothes the grass of the field, which is here today and tomorrow is thrown into the fire, will he not much more clothe you, O you of little faith? So do not worry, saying, 'What shall we eat?' or 'What shall we drink?' or 'What shall we wear?' (Matthew 6:25-31)
* Its obvious that todays Christians worry about materialistic things like clothes and shopping. They hang out and spend time in the market place, contradicting the teachings of Jesus
To millions of Christians, Christ came to show them the way in which they should live, yet to what extent do they follow His advice? It seems that prefer to worship Him rather than follow Him. Its easier on human nature, besides it takes only a few hours one day a week. Thus they are free to spend the rest of the time in the marketplace, doing the very opposite of what He taught. The result is we have sunk to the very depths of materiality; money is now our savior, and only knowledge that helps us make it is of any value (Lloyd Graham, Myths and Deceptions of the Bible, pp. 324)
(17) You cannot worship two masters
"No servant can serve two masters. Either he will hate the one and love the other, (Luke 16:13)
* Christians worship Jesus as a divine mediator between God and men. They also construct statues when the Bible prohibits the making of graven images. The Roman Catholics worship Mary and the Holy Ghost!
(18) Will everyone burn in Hell according to the Bible?!
For every one shall be salted with fire,
and every sacrifice shall be salted with salt.
(Mark 9:49) KJV, 1611
Everyone will be salted with fire. (NIV), 1970
(19) Should Christians allow people to sue them?
And if someone wants to sue you and take your tunic, let him have your cloak as well. (Matthew 5:40)
(20) Are Christians allowed to get borrowed materials back?
Give to everyone who asks you, and if anyone takes what belongs to you, do not demand it back. (Luke 6:30)
Give to the one who asks you, and do not turn away from the one who wants to borrow from you. (Matthew 5:42)
Continue to Part Two
Back to Contradictions and Errors in the Bible.
Articles by Abdullah Smith.
Send your comments.
Back to Main Page.
What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog | Youtube