What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog | Youtube |
Is Jehovah God? - Examining Yahweh in Arabic!
- Examining Yahweh in Arabic!
The Hebrew Bible does not contain the word "Jehovah" in it at all.
The word that is used is a tetragramatton using, 'Y' 'H' 'W' 'H'.
How can one pronounce YHWH as
Jehovah? There is no possible way.
This word is
neither a Hebrew word, nor does it make any sense in Arabic (the sister
language of Hebrew).
Catholic Encyclopedia gives the meaning of Yahweh as "He Who is" and also goes on to give it's own incorrect interpretation that it is the name of God.
The argument may sound
deceiving but if read with context and from the Bible, it sounds very logical
1 Samuel 1:3
These are just the few places
where these names have been mentioned. They have been mentioned many times.
The dictionary defines Lord as:
1. a person who has authority, control, or power over others; a master, chief, or ruler.
2. a person who exercises authority from property rights; an owner of land, houses, etc.
3. a person who is a leader or has great influence in a chosen profession: the great lords of banking.
4. a feudal superior; the proprietor of a manor.
5. a titled nobleman or peer; a person whose ordinary appellation contains by courtesy the title Lord or some higher title.
6. Lords, the Lords Spiritual and Lords Temporal comprising the House of Lords.
7. (initial capital letter) (in
b. the formally polite title of a bishop: Lord Bishop
c. the title informally substituted for marquis, earl, viscount, etc., as in the use of Lord Kitchener for Earl Kitchener.
8. (initial capital letter) the Supreme Being; God; Jehovah.
9. (initial capital letter) the Savior, Jesus Christ.
10. Astrology. a planet having dominating influence.
Lord does not mean God.
In Arabic YaHuwa means "O! HE is"
and in Hebrew it means "He who is".
These two meanings sound very similar. It has been incorrectly used
as the name of God. Let me give an explanation from my language, Urdu.
Similarly, in Hebrew Ya Huwa (Jehovah/Yahweh) is not the name of God but is referred to as such due to respect.
Rebuttals, and exposing the lies of the Answering Islam team section.
What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog | Youtube