What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog | Youtube
Questions relating to the scene before Crucifixion
Before I ask the questions, I would like to give the background information to this incident.
The Islamic perspective:
"That they rejected Faith; That they uttered against Mary a grave false charge; That they said (in boast): 'We killed Christ Jesus The son of Mary, The Messenger of Allah.' But they killed him not, Nor crucified him, but so it was made to appear to them, and those who differ therein are full of doubts, with no (certain) knowledge, but only conjunction to follow, for of a surety they killed him not. Nay, Allah raised him up Unto Himself; and Allah Is Exalted in Power, Wise. And there is none of the people of the book (Jews and Christians) But must believe in him (Jesus) Before his death; And on the Day of Judgment He (Jesus) will be a witness Against them."
When the disciples were sleeping and at that time, according to the Bible, Jesus was praying to not get crucified (Luke 22:45), Judas, the traitor, came in and his face changed to that of Jesus. Jesus †had already departed to the third heaven when the disciples were sleeping. This story can be found in the Gospel of Barnabas.
I will ask a few questions, from the Bible that Christians believe in, that will prove that the story in the authentic Gospel of Barnabas is true. There is no such thing as a perfect crime and the crime by hypocritical Bible writers, of taking with themselves billions to hell, is no exception.
The background to the story:
If we look into this matter more closely, we will see that Jesus and the disciples were waiting for the Roman soldiers. The disciples had sold their clothes and bought swords and were waiting for the Roman soldiers. This is a war like situation with a lot of emotions and tension around and scientifically one doesn't sleep in such a tense situation.
Jesus orders the disciples to sell their clothes and buy swords,
". . . Lord, behold, here are two SWORDS." And he said
unto them, "It is enough".
Jesus places the disciples. If not for his protection, then for what reason?
36 Then cometh Jesus with them unto a place called
37 And he took with him Peter and the two sons of Zebedee, and began to be sorrowful and very heavy.
He doesnít want to die.
38 Then saith he unto them, My soul is exceeding sorrowful, even unto death: tarry ye here, and watch with me.
39 And he went a little farther, and fell on his face, and prayed, saying, O my Father, if it be possible, let this cup pass from me: nevertheless not as I will, but as thou wilt.
40 And he cometh unto the disciples, and found them asleep, and saith unto Peter, What, could ye not watch with me one hour?
43 And he came and found them asleep again: for their eyes were heavy.
44 And he left them, and went away again, and prayed the third time, saying the same words.
One of them, supposedly Peter, chopped off the ear of the enemy.
49 When Jesus' followers saw what was going to happen, they said, "Lord, should we strike with our swords?"
50 And one of them struck the servant of the high priest, cutting off his right ear.
51 But Jesus answered, "No more of this!" And he touched the man's ear and healed him.
No more indicates that they were originally prepared for a fight but no more, as ordered by Jesus.
Immediately after this, all the disciples fled (Matthew 26:56) and Peter was arrested with Jesus.
It seems that the writers, either had no knowledge of what had happened or they making this story up on purpose.
1. Who is writing this story?
2. Everyone was asleep. How is he writing this story when everyone was asleep?
3. How does a sleeping man know what Jesus was doing and what he was saying in his prayer?
4. What was Jesus praying for if not asking for help to not get crucified?
5. Jesus had set the other disciples outside and far from him. Only Peter, John and James were the closest to him and they too were asleep.
How does the disciple far away, and also asleep, know what Jesus was doing?
6. They knew that the Romans were coming to get Jesus.
Why did they continue to sleep?
This is a warlike situation and in such situations, one doesn't sleep like the way the disciples did.
How come all of them slept at once and again and again, even after
Jesusí waking them up. What is wrong with them?
7. Jesus had told the disciples to take swords, they had only two swords with them. They were all waiting for the Roman soldiers to come. Two disciples farthest outside, some inside and John, Peter and James closest to him. If this is not positioning for war, then what is this?
8. Was the swordsman, who cut off the ear, Peter?
9. Either Peter, John or James struck the Roman soldier and cut off his ear. This is brave of him. Then how come the disciples fled later on and Peter even refused to recognize Jesus and kept swearing and cursing?
At one time such extreme bravery and at another, such extreme cowardice. Peter obviously didnít go with the adrenaline as he asked Jesus before attacking.
10. Why is the man on the cross shouting "My God, My God, why hast thou forsaken me?" The Christians believe that that man gave his life deliberately but these words sound as if that man doesn't want to die on the cross.
Every year in
What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog | Youtube