What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog
Did God try 3 times to set things right?
By Mucahit S.
Bismi Allahi alrrahmani alrraheemi (In the name of God, Most Gracious, Most Merciful)
Often I hear Christians claim How can you say the All-Knowing God would try 3 times!? That is impossible! This claim is true, the All-Knowing God would not try 3 times and the reason these Christians came to this conclusion is because we often here Muslims say The Qur'an came to correct the Bible! This is indeed also true but not completely, rather the Muslims should say The Qur'an came and corrected the Bible!
When the Holy Qur'an was sent , it corrected the many men-made stories and conjectures in the Bible. However, the Qur'an did not only come for this reason, neither did Islam. Islam and the Qur'an are the seal to Allahs Message to humanity as a religion and revelation. If Christianity was not corrupted, Islam would have still arrived but the Qur'an might have been different. I will prove by quoting from the Qur'an:
The Noble Quran 61:6
remember, Jesus, the son of Mary,
said: "O Children of
Ahmad was one of the names of Prophet Muhammad(pbuh) . From here we can definitely say that Islam was going to come no matter what. This clears the question Did God try 3 times to set things right? I still would like to answer some questions that will come up.
Were the earlier revelations and prophets temporary?
Indeed. All older revelations were temporary and not for mankind. Even we see this in the corrupted books of the Bible. The OT is mainly for the Jews, while the NT is supposedly for mankind. If we remove Paul  from the NT, we are left with few teachings of Jesus and definitely not enough for mankind.
Why did Allah send his revelations in periods and not at once?
This is due to many reasons and I will list them.
1. If Adam wrote of Allah, would we have the original copy? Even today we dont have the original copy of many books of the Bible.
2. Languages always changes and are forgotten.
3. People over times forget and even if prophets were revealed to them, they would have been blind. Both the Bible and the Qur'an confirm that the Jews killed many prophets.
4. There wouldnt be stories such as Noah and other events. The stories happen in periods of time.
Why did Allah let His earlier revelations get corrupted and kept His last one pure?
We, humans, do have free will and we can not blame God. Also, why should Allah keep His older and temporary revelations pure when he is going to send one for the whole mankind and for all times! I will also quote from the Qur'an:
The Noble Quran 11:118
If thy Lord had so willed, He could have made mankind one people: but they will not cease to dispute.
The Noble Quran 10:99
If it had been thy Lord's will, they would all have believed,- all who are on earth! wilt thou then compel mankind, against their will, to believe!
This is just part of His grand plan! See the above question for other reasons.
God did not try 3 times to set things right! He sent earlier revelations to guide us when we needed Him but waited for the right time to send us His final message and prophet!
Allah knows Best!
1. See The Holy Qur'an. Contains very good article that has its history and answers many important questions. Also see Compilation and Preservation of the Qur'an and Preserving the Qur'an a rebuttal to Answer-Islams claims about the Qur'an.
3. Paul is rejected by the Qur'an. Paul changed and destroyed the religion of Allah to a religion that resembles paganism. For more information please read Qur'an Rejects Paul, Paul and Jesus on Salvation, Why was Paul Disliked by the Jews?, Paul Vs. Disciples and Peace or No Peace.
Rebuttals and Exposing the lies of the Answering Islam team.
Contradictions and History of Corruption in the Bible.
Brother Mucahit Sivri's section.
Send your comments.
Back to Main Page.