What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog | Youtube |
Women's Rights in Islam
Jacqueline S. Waheed
Following are some rights, which Muslim women have!
1. The RIGHT and duty to acquire education.
2. The RIGHT to have her own independent property.
3. The RIGHT to work [job or business] to earn money, which she keeps it.
4. The RIGHT to equal reward for equal deed and/or work.
5. The RIGHT to express her opinion.
6. The RIGHT to argue and/or advocate her cause or opinion to be heard.
7. The RIGHT to vote since 1,421 years.
8. The RIGHT to provisions from her husband for all her needs and more.
9. The RIGHT to negotiate marriage terms of her choice.
10.The RIGHT to obtain divorce from her husband, even on the grounds that she simply don't like him. In Islaam divorce is suppose to be last resort.
11.The RIGHT to keep all her own money. [She is not responsible for maintenance of family].
12.The RIGHT to get sexual satisfaction from her husband.
13.The RIGHT to get custody of her children in case of divorce [unless she is unable to raise them for valid reasons]
14.The RIGHT to choose husband of her choice.
15.The RIGHT to refuse a proposed and/or arranged marriage.
16. The RIGHT to re-marry after divorce or after becoming widow.
EXEMPTIONS GIVEN TO WOMEN IN CERTAIN CIRCUMSTANCE.
Women are exempt from:
a.. Fasting when they are pregnant or nursing or menstruating,
b.. Praying when menstruating or bleeding after childbirth,
c.. The obligation to attend congregational prayers in the mosque on Fridays.
d.. They are not obliged to take part as soldiers in the defense of Islam, although they are not forbidden to do so.
But under normal circumstances they are allowed to do all the things that men do.
- Even when they are menstruating, on special days, like the two Eid festivals, they are still allowed to come to the Eid prayers, and menstruating women can take part in most of the actions of the Hajj pilgrimage.
Islamic laws does not requires that women should confine themselves to household duties.
Muslim women have [and are as well] headed Islamic provinces [and states as well], like Arwa bint Ahmad, who served as governor of Yemen under the Fatimid Khalifahs in the late fifth and early sixth century.
Name any other religion, political theory, or philosophy which offers such a comprehensiveness to women by giving her total control of her life and affairs ??? NONE
Think on this!
Back to women in Islam V.S. Christianity.
GENETICALLY, women are less interested in math, problem
solving and engineering than men.
physiologically speaking, men are not smarter than women, but
genetically speaking, it's been scientifically proven that
women have LESSER
INTEREST than men in mathematics, problem solving and
Allah Almighty Said in the Glorious Quran:
"O ye who believe! When ye deal with each other, in transactions involving future obligations in a fixed period of time, reduce them to writing; let a scribe write down faithfully as between the parties: let not the scribe refuse to write: as God Has taught him, so let him write. Let him who incurs the liability dictate, but let him fear His Lord God, and not diminish aught of what he owes. If they party liable is mentally deficient, or weak, or unable Himself to dictate, let his guardian dictate faithfully, and get two witnesses, out of your own men, and if there are not two men, then a man and two women, such as ye choose, for witnesses, so that if one of them errs, the other can remind her...." (The Noble Quran, 2:282)
Does Science support the Quran's Claim?
These videos demonstrate the Scientific Proofs for these claims from renowned Biologist Dr. Lewis Wolpert and others...
* Equality between men and women in the Noble Quran by Dr. Tariq Al Swaidan.
* Men and Women in Islam: Equal or Equally Balanced?
* Is there equality between men and women in Islam?
* "Two women equal to one man in Islam" is a lie.
* Why Two Women Witnesses?
* Are women deficient in intelligence and religion? Answer, No!
* Women's inheritance laws in Islam.
* Women have no Inheritance in Islam?
* Women's Rights in Islam.
* The Bible does not prefer for women to be born, but Islam does.
* The true meaning (tafsir) of the 'Daraja/degree' men have above women (Quran 2:228).
For ample more articles, visit:
Send your comments.
Back to Main Page.
What's new | A-Z | Discuss & Blog | Youtube