Search and find articles and topics quickly and accurately!  See different advanced ways to search for articles on this site.

Further Topic Research:
Syntax help

 

After you finish this article, please visit:

Prophet Muhammad is a Murderer for KILLING the enemies?  WHAT ABOUT THE BIBLE'S PROPHETS' MURDERS that were blessed by GOD?

Rebuttal to David Wood's and Robert Spencer's "Who killed Muhammad", and "Did Muhammad Exist" videos.  (2 1/4 hours long video-rebuttal)

The Alleged Poisoning of Muhammad.
-  Part II.  Was Jesus poisoned?

My rebuttal to Silas' "The Death of Muhammad" article.

Does the Prophet’s Death from Poison Disprove His Prophethood Or Was It An Honorable Death For Our Beloved Prophet?  The hadith do not clearly indicate that the Prophet did die from poison.

 

 

 

My rebuttal to Silas' "The Death of Muhammad" article:

This article is a rebuttal to Silas article, which is located at: http://www.answering-islam.org/Silas/mo-death.htm

 

He wrote:

THE DEATH OF MUHAMMAD

by Silas

 

 

          INTRODUCTION

 

            Muhammad died in 632 A.D.  He died as a result of being poisoned following his attack upon and conquest of the Jewish settlement of Khaibar.  

 

My response:

You don't know that.  I will prove below that your sources are doubtful.  Also, whether or not Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him died from a poison, this still would not prove your theory, because the Jews in general are responsible for killing Prophets:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  (From the KJV Bible, Matthew 23:37)"

Jesus himself recognized that the Jews kill the Prophets.  So even if we were to assume that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was killed through poisoning by the Jews, this still would not nullify Islam, nor prove it to be a false religion from Silas' Christian point of view.

As shown below, the Prophet's death three years after the poisoning incident while his companion died immediately after he ate from the poisoned lamb, clearly proves that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (1) Died a natural death and not a poisoned one from eating from the poisoned lamb; (2) Allah Almighty protected the Prophet's life at that time; and (3) Islam is the Divine Truth.

 

-- OR --

Allah Almighty did a Miracle by having Prophet Muhammad survive the poison that he ate for 3 years, while his companion died few minutes after he ate it!

 

He wrote:

About 2 month before his attack on Khaibar Muhammad failed in an attempt to go to Mecca.  This failure resulted in the Treaty of Hudaybiyya with the Meccans.  He returned humiliated in the eyes of the Meccans and in the minds of his people.  To lift their defeated spirit, Muhammad told his followers that the events at Hudaybiyya were really a victory.  In fact, another convenient "revelation" was given to Muhammad as proof that it really was a victory (Sura 48:1).  However, Allah was not able to deliver the Meccan's goods as booty, so Muhammad told his followers that they were going to attack and plunder the weaker Jewish settlement of Khaibar.

 

My response:

Care to provide proofs for your nonsense?   Any moron can bark a bunch of nonsense similar to yours about our beloved Prophet.   Care to be more objective?

Let us look at the Noble Verse that you mentioned:

"Verily We have granted thee a manifest Victory: That God may forgive thee thy faults of the past and those to follow; fulfil His favour to thee; and guide thee on the Straight Way; And that God may help thee with powerful help. It is He Who sent down tranquillity into the hearts of the Believers, that they may add faith to their faith;- for to God belong the Forces of the heavens and the earth; and God is Full of Knowledge and Wisdom;- That He may admit the men and women who believe, to Gardens beneath which rivers flow, to dwell therein for aye, and remove their ills from them;- and that is, in the sight of God, the highest achievement (for man),-  (The Noble Quran, 48:1-5)"

Indeed, Allah Almighty did grant victory to Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him and to the Muslims.  Tell us Silas, what happened after 2 years from the Hudaybiyya treaty?  Didn't the Muslims liberate Mecca with an army of 10,000 men after the pagans annulled the treaty with their betraying attack on a Muslim village?

So, was the Noble Quran Truthful or not?

 

He wrote:

            About 6 weeks later Muhammad led his army and attacked the Jews while they were on their way to work on their date palms.  Khaibar was a settlement defended by a number of forts spread apart from each other.  One by one Muhammad's army took the forts.  Finally, the last few surrendered to him.  Muhammad had several of the leaders of the Jewish settlement beheaded, one leader (Kinana) was tortured to reveal where buried treasure was hidden.  Then when Kinana was near death, Muhammad commanded that he be beheaded.  Many of the women and children were enslaved.  Muhammad even took the most beautiful woman for himself and married her (Safiyah).

 

My response:

The reason why the Jews were cleansed out from the Holy land of Medina is because they betrayed the Muslims during the battle of Trench, where there were 24,000 pagans Vs. 3,000 Muslims.  The Muslims made treaty with the Jews in Medina, to protect the northern part of the city, while the Muslims defend the sourthern part.  But what can you say, Jews are Jews no matter how much you try to improve them, "except for a few of them (The Noble Quran, 5:13)"Nor Moses or Jesus ever liked them.  In fact, Jesus told them that GOD Almighty will remove His Kingdom from them and give it to the Muslims.   And later Prophet Muhammad suffered the same thing from them.  They betrayed the Muslims and a group of pagans to attack from the north.

Have not Allah Almighty brought victory to the Muslims by sending winds that blinded the infidels and effected not the Muslims, and caused for the Muslims to defeat the pagans a sound defeat, and have them run away back to where they came from, then the Muslims wouldn't been literally whipped out:

"Behold! they came on you from above you and from below you, and behold, the eyes became dim and the hearts gaped up to the throats, and ye imagined various (vain) thoughts about God! In that situation were the Believers tried: they were shaken as by a tremendous shaking. And behold! The Hypocrites and those in whose hearts is a disease (even) say: "God and His Apostle promised us nothing but delusion!" Behold! A party among them said: "Ye men of Yathrib! ye cannot stand (the attack)! therefore go back!" And a band of them ask for leave of the Prophet, saying, "Truly our houses are bare and exposed," though they were not exposed they intended nothing but to run away. And if an entry had been effected to them from the sides of the (city), and they had been incited to sedition, they would certainly have brought it to pass, with none but a brief delay! And yet they had already covenanted with God not to turn their backs, and a covenant with God must (surely) be answered for. Say: "Running away will not profit you if ye are running away from death or slaughter; and even if (ye do escape), no more than a brief (respite) will ye be allowed to enjoy!" Say: "Who is it that can screen you from God if it be His wish to give you punishment or to give you Mercy?" Nor will they find for themselves, besides God, any protector or helper. Verily God knows those among you who keep back (men) and those who say to their brethren, "Come along to us", but come not to the fight except for just a little while. Covetous over you. Then when fear comes, thou wilt see them looking to thee, their eyes revolving, like (those of) one over whom hovers death: but when the fear is past, they will smite you with sharp tongues, covetous of goods. Such men have no faith, and so God has made their deeds of none effect: and that is easy for God. They think that the Confederates have not withdrawn; and if the Confederates should come (again), they would wish they were in the deserts (wandering) among the Bedouins, and seeking news about you (from a safe distance); and if they were in your midst,  (The Noble Quran, 33:10-20)"

 

He wrote:

            Some of Khaibar's residents made a deal with Muhammad.  Instead of enslaving them,  which would leave the rich orchards of Khaibar to go untended and unproductive, the Jews  would give Muhammad and the Muslims 1/2 of all of what they produced.  Muhammad accepted the deal, with the stipulation that they could be expelled at his slightest whim.  Years later, Umar expelled the last remaining Jews from Khaibar.

 

My response:

Where is the proof for this?

 

He wrote:

            Immediately following the conquest of Khaibar, a Jewish woman prepared a dinner for Muhammad and some of his men.  Unknown to the Muslims was that she had put a poison into the lamb (some say goat) that was served at dinner.  Muhammad ate some of the poisoned lamb and died as a result three years later.

 

My response:

Died as a result three years later?!  Are you really that stupid Silas?  Or do you think of your readers as such?!  What kind of a poison that would kill after THREE long years??!!  We all know that poinsons are meant to kill a person immediately; within couple minutes, or an hour maximum.  But three years?

It seems that Allah Almighty did a Miracle by having Prophet Muhammad survive the poison that he ate for 3 years, while his companion died few minutes after he ate it!

 

 

He wrote:

          PRESENTATION OF ISLAMIC SOURCES

 

PART A - THE POISONING OF MUHAMMAD

PART B - PREMONITIONS OF HIS DEATH

PART C - MUHAMMAD AND GABRIEL PRAY FOR HEALING

PART D - THE ADVENT OF MUHAMMAD'S DEATH

 

 

            I will use quotes from 4 highly respected Islamic writings:

 

1)         "Sahih Bukhari”.  This Hadith is considered to be the most important Islamic book, after the Quran.

 

2)         Ibn Ishaq's biography, the "Sirat Rasul Allah", (THE LIFE OF THE PROPHET), translated by A. Guillaume as "The Life of Muhammad", is the most authentic Sirat (biographical) literature recognized in Islam.

 

3)         Ibn Sa'd biography, the "Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir" (Book of the Major Classes), Volume 2.  Of the three, Ibn Sa'd's Sirat contains the most information relative to Muhammad's death.  I will not attempt to cover the spectrum of subjects Ibn Sa'd addresses in his.  However, I will cover and present his relevant material.

 

4)         Tabari's "History".  Tabari is one of the most highly respected authors in Islamic writings.  His "History" is 39 volumes.

 

5)         “Sahih Muslim”.  This collection of Hadith is considered to be equal to, or slightly below Bukhari’s collection of Hadith.

 

 

NOTE:  I have quoted quite a bit of material.  Some of it is redundant, but I feel that each quote I present provides an important detail concerning Muhammad's poisoning and death.  Please forgive the tedious nature of the quotes; it is essential that I present the source material as accurately as possible.

 

My response:

No kidding.

 

He wrote:

NOTE:  My comments appear in [  ] type brackets.  Frequently the authors themselves enclose comments in (   ) type brackets.  I will copy them as they appear in the text.

 

NOTE:  In some cases I will leave out the chain of narrators because they are quite long, and not necessary for the context of the story.

 

 

            Also, I will present quotes from the sources in as much of a  chronological sequence as  possible.

 

 

 

          PART A - THE POISONING OF MUHAMMAD

 

 

A1

From Bukhari's Hadith 3.786:

Narrated Anas bin Malik:  A Jewess brought a poisoned (cooked) sheep for the Prophet who ate from it. She was brought to the Prophet and he was asked, "Shall we kill her?" He said, "No."  I continued to see the effect of the poison on the palate of the mouth of Allah's Apostle.

 

 

A2

From Bukhari's Hadith 4.394:  Narrated Abu Huraira:  When Khaibar was conquered, a roasted poisoned sheep was presented to the Prophet as a gift (by the Jews).  The Prophet ordered, "Let all the Jews who have been here, be assembled before me."  The Jews were collected and the Prophet said (to them), "I am going to ask you a question.  Will you tell the truth?"  They said, "Yes." The Prophet asked, "Who is your father?"  They replied, "So-and-so."  He said, "You have told a lie; your father is so-and-so."  They said,  "You are right." He said, "Will you now tell me the truth, if I ask you about something?"  They replied, "Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim; and if we should tell a lie, you can realize our lie as you have done regarding our father."  On that he asked, "Who are the people of the (Hell) Fire?"  They said, "We shall remain in the (Hell) Fire for a short period, and after that you will replace us."  The Prophet said, "You may be cursed and humiliated in it!  By Allah, we shall never replace you in it."  Then he asked, "Will you now tell me the truth if I ask you a question?"  They said, "Yes, O Abu Al-Qasim."  He asked, "Have you poisoned this sheep?"  They said, "Yes."  He asked, "What made you do so?"  They said, "We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you."

 

 

A3

From Ibn Sa'd page 249:

            Verily a Jewish woman presented poisoned (meat of) a she goat to the apostle of Allah.  He took a piece form it, put it into his mouth, chewed it and threw it away.  Then he said to the Companions:  "Halt!  Verily, its leg tells me that it is poisoned."  Then he sent for the Jewish woman and asked her;  "What induced you to do what you have done?"  She replied, "I wanted to know if you are true; in that case Allah will surely inform you, and if you are a liar I shall relieve the people of you."

 

 

A4

From Ibn Sa'd page 249:  [different narrator]

            The apostle of Allah and his companions ate from it.  It (goat) said:  "I am poisoned."  He [Muhammad] said to his Companions, "Hold you hands!  because it has informed me that it is poisoned!"  They withdrew their hands, but Bishr Ibn al-Bara expired.  The apostle of Allah sent for her (Jewess) and asked her, "What induced you to do what you have done?"  She replied, "I wanted to know if you are a prophet, in that case it will not harm you and if you are a king, I shall relieve the people of you.  He gave orders and she was put to death.  [SEE NOTE 1]

 

 

A5

From Ibn Sa'd page 250:  [different narrator]

            Verily a woman of the Jews of Khaibar presented poisoned (meat of) goat to the apostle of Allah.  The he recognized that it was poisoned, so he sent for her and asked her, "What induced you to do what you have done?"  She replied, "I thought if you are a prophet, Allah will inform you, and if you are a pretender, I shall relieve people of you.  When the apostle of Allah felt sick, he got himself "cupped".  [SEE NOTE 2]

 

My response:

Let's assume for a second that the Prophet peace be upon him died 3 long years later from the poison, and didn't die immediately like his companion, Bishr, did.  This still does not nullify nor disprove Islam, because even Jesus peace be upon him in the New Testament of the Bible recognized the Jews as evil people who kill the Prophets:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  (From the KJV Bible, Matthew 23:37)"

So according to Silas' logic, Jesus and the Prophets are all liars too, because the Prophets who died from the Jews were liars because they were killed, and Jesus was the biggest liar of all for claiming that all of these liars (the Prophets) were Truthful Prophets when they were all liars.  Using Silas logic, Jesus and the Biblical Prophets who got killed from the Jews were all liars too.

Of course, I as a Muslim believe that Jesus peace be upon him was a Truthful Messenger of GOD Almighty to the Jews.

And again, it seems that Allah Almighty did a Miracle by having Prophet Muhammad survive the poison that he ate for 3 years, while his companion died few minutes after he ate it!

 

He wrote:

A6

From Ibn Sa'd pages 251, 252:  [different narrator]

            ....When the apostle of Allah conquered Khaibar and he had peace of mind, Zaynab Bint al-Harith, the brother of Marhab, who was the spouse of Sallam Ibn Mishkam, inquired, "Which part of the goat is liked by Muhammad?"  They said, "The foreleg."  Then she slaughtered one from her goats and roasted it (the meat).  Then she wanted a poison which could not fail. ....  The apostle of Allah took the foreleg, a piece of which he put into his mouth.  Bishr took another bone and put it into his mouth.  When the apostle of Allah ate one morsel of it Bishr ate his and other people also ate from it.  Then the apostle of Allah said, "Hold back your hands! because this foreleg; ...informed me that it is poisoned.  Thereupon Bishr said, "By Him who has made you great!  I discovered it from the morsel I took.  Nothing prevented me from emitting it out, but the idea that I did not like to make your food unrelishing.  When you had eaten what was in your mouth I did not like to save my life after yours, and I also thought you would not have eaten it if there was something wrong.

            Bishr did not rise form his seat but his color changed to that of "taylsan" (a green cloth)..........The apostle of Allah sent for Zaynab and said to her, "What induced you to do what you have done?"  She replied, "You have done to my people what you have done.  You have killed my father, my uncle and my husband, so I said to myself, "If you are a prophet, the foreleg will inform you; and others have said, "If you are a king we will get rid of you.""......

            The apostle of Allah lived after this three years till in consequence of his pain he passed away.  During his illness he used to say, "I did not cease to find the effect of the (poisoned) morsel, I took at Khaibar and I suffered several times (from its effect) but now I feel the hour has come of the cutting of my jugular vein."

 

 

A7

From Tabari Volume 8, page 123, 124:

            When the messenger of God rested from his labor, Zaynab bt. al-Harith, the wife of Sallam b. Mishkam, served him a roast sheep.  She had asked what part of the sheep the messenger of God liked best and was told that it was the foreleg.  So she loaded that part with poison, and she poisoned the rest of the sheep too.  Then she brought it.  When she set it before the messenger of God, he took the foreleg and chewed a bit of it, but he did not swallow it.  With him was Bishr b. al-Bara b. Marur, who, like the messenger of God, took some of it; Bishr, however, swallowed it, while the messenger of God spat it out saying, "This bone informs me that it has been poisoned."  He asked, "What led you to do this?"  She said:  "How you have afflicted my people is not hidden from you.  So I said, "If he is a prophet, he will be informed; but if he is a king, I shall be rid of him"".  The prophet forgave her.  Bishr died of the food he had eaten.

 

 

A8

From Tabari Volume 8, page 124:  [different narrator]

            The messenger of God said during the illness from which he died - the mother of Bishr had come in to visit him - "Umm Bishr, at this very moment I feel my aorta being severed because of the food I ate with your son at Khaybar."  [See NOTE 3]

 

 

NOTE 1: There is disagreement over whether of not Muhammad had the women who poisoned him put to death. In short, he had her put to death for the death of the other Muslim - Bishr, who quickly died from the poisoning. See the reports by Ibn Sa'd, p. 250.

 

NOTE 2:  Cupping is essentially drawing a small amount of blood from your body.  Muhammad believed that bleeding oneself was "the best of medicines".

 

NOTE 3: The note on quote A8 states that the expression, "it severed his aorta" need not be taken literally; it is used metaphorically for extreme pain.

 

My response:

The fact that Prophet Muhammad, peace be upon him, survived the poison for three years while his close companion died instantly shows that Allah Almighty indeed did a Miracle with Prophet Muhammad proving his Prophethood and allowing him to complete Islam.

Also, the purpose of the poison was to "get rid of" our Prophet peace be upon him:

"....They said, "We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you." "

This is what the Jews said in the narration that you provided above.  Obviously Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was proven to be Truthful, because the poison did not "get rid of him" immediately.   Three years is certainly a lot of time for a poisoned person to live!  It is obvious that it wasn't the poison that killed our Prophet peace be upon him, but rather Allah Almighty's Will.

Your quote above says:

"NOTE 1: There is disagreement over whether of not Muhammad had the women who poisoned him put to death. In short, he had her put to death for the death of the other Muslim - Bishr, who quickly died from the poisoning. See the reports by Ibn Sa'd, p. 250."

Tell us Silas, why didn't Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him "quickly" die with Bishr; may Allah Almighty rest his soul?  If Muhammad wasn't Truthful, wouldn't you think that he should've died quickly with Bishr, since they both took the poison?

When Islam was complete, and Allah Almighty was finally satisfied that Islam is a complete and acceptable Divine Religion for us, it was time to end Prophet Muhammad's life:

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than God; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, God is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.  (The Noble Quran, 5:3)"

The Jews had certainly failed to disrupt Islam by ending the life of our Prophet peace be upon him quickly without the completion of Islam and its Laws.

 

He wrote:

          PART B - PREMONITIONS OF HIS DEATH

 

 

B1

From Bukhari's Hadith 5.713:

Narrated Ibn Abbas:

 

'Umar bin Al-Khattab used to let Ibn Abbas sit beside him, so 'AbdurRahman bin 'Auf said to 'Umar, "We have sons similar to him." 'Umar replied, "(I respect him) because of his status that you know."  'Umar then asked Ibn 'Abbas about the meaning of this Holy Verse:-- "When comes the help of Allah and the conquest of Mecca . . ." (110.1)

 

Ibn 'Abbas replied, "That indicated the death of Allah's Apostle which Allah informed him of."  'Umar said, "I do not understand of it except what you understand."

 

Narrated 'Aisha: The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O

'Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this

time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison."

 

 

B2

From Ibn Sa'd page 244:

 

            ... and there has been no prophet but he has lived half the life of the prophet preceding him.  Jesus the son of Mary lived for one hundred and twenty five years, and this is the sixty second year of my life.  He (prophet) died half the year after this.

 

 

B3

From Ibn Sa'd page 239:

 

            The appointed hour (of death) of the apostle of Allah came near and he was ordered to recite repeatedly "tasbih" (lit. glorification) and ask for His forgiveness.

 

 

B4

From Ibn Sa'd page 240:

 

            When (the Surah) Allah's succor and the triumph comes; was revealed he (prophet) said:  (It signifies) call from Allah and departure from the world.

 

 

B5

From Tabari Volume 9 page 108:

 

            When the prophet returned to Medina after performing the Pilgrimage of Completion, he began to have a complaint of illness.  As travel was allowed (after the pilgrimage), the news of the prophet's illness spread......Then in Muharram the prophet complained of the pain from which he died.

 

My response:

This proves that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him had a natural death, and died after Allah Almighty completed Islam and its Laws:

"Forbidden to you (for food) are: dead meat, blood, the flesh of swine, and that on which hath been invoked the name of other than God; that which hath been killed by strangling, or by a violent blow, or by a headlong fall, or by being gored to death; that which hath been (partly) eaten by a wild animal; unless ye are able to slaughter it (in due form); that which is sacrificed on stone (altars); (forbidden) also is the division (of meat) by raffling with arrows: that is impiety. This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion. But if any is forced by hunger, with no inclination to transgression, God is indeed Oft-Forgiving, Most Merciful.  (The Noble Quran, 5:3)"

The Jews had certainly failed to disrupt Islam by ending the life of our Prophet peace be upon him quickly without the completion of Islam and its Laws.

And again, it seems that Allah Almighty did a Miracle by having Prophet Muhammad survive the poison that he ate for 3 years, while his companion died few minutes after he ate it!

 

He wrote:

          PART C - MUHAMMAD AND GABRIEL PRAY FOR HEALING

 

NOTE:  It was already quoted from Ibn Sa'd above (page 250 that Muhammad tried to get himself healed of the poisoning.

 

My response:

Yes he did, but he did not die from the poison, because unlike his companion Bishr, who died immediately after he ate from the poisoned lamb, our Prophet peace be upon him died a NATURAL DEATH 3 years after the incident.

 

He wrote:

C1

From Ibn Sa'd page 263

 

            Verily during his illness the prophet recited "al-Mu'awwadhatayn" [Sura 113, and 114], and blow his breath upon his body while rubbing his face.  [This was done in an effort to be healed].

 

C2

From Sahih Muslim volume 3, # 5440

 

            Aisha reported that when Allah’s Messenger fell ill, he recited over his body Mu’awwidhatan and blew over him and when his sickness was aggravated I used to recite over him and rub him with his hand with the hope that it was more blessed.  Also ref. Hadith # 5441.

 

 

C2

From Ibn Sa'd page 265

 

            The apostle of Allah fell ill and he i.e. Gabriel, chanted on him, saying, "In the name of Allah I chant on to ward off from you every thing that harms you and (to ward off you) against every envier and from every evil eye and Allah will heal you."

 

 

C3

From Ibn Sa'd page 265  [Different narrator]

 

            Aisha, the wife of the prophet used to say, "When the apostle of Allah fell ill, Gabriel chanted on him saying, "In the name of Allah Who will cure you and Who will heal you from every malady (and will ward off) the evil of envier who envies and from smite of the evil eye.""

 

 

C4

From Ibn Sa'd page 322

 

            Verily, whenever the apostle of Allah fell ill, he asked for recovery, from Allah.  But in the illness as a result of which he died, he did not pray for recovery; he used to say, "O soul!  What has happened to thee that thou are seeking refuge in every place of refuge?"

 

My response:

Angel Gabriel peace be upon him can not heal anyone.  He can certainly pray as he did, but it is ultimately Allah Almighty that decides what takes place and what not.  And like I mentioned above, Yes, the Prophet tried to heal himself from the sickness that came to him (which we don't know if it came from the poison or not), but he did not die from the poison, because unlike his companion Bishr, who died immediately after he ate from the poisoned lamb, our Prophet peace be upon him died a NATURAL DEATH 3 years after the incident.

And even if we were to assume for a second that the Prophet did die from the poison after 3 long years of eating it, this still would not nullify Islam nor prove it to be wrong from Silas' Christian point of view, because Jesus himself said:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  (From the KJV Bible, Matthew 23:37)"

Jesus himself recognized that the Jews kill the Prophets.  So even if we were to assume that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was killed through poisoning by the Jews, this still, like I said, would not nullify Islam, nor prove it to be a false religion.

The Prophet's death three years after the poisoning incident while his companion died immediately after he ate from the poisoned lamb, clearly proves that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (1) Died a natural death and not a poisoned one from eating from the poisoned lamb; (2) Allah Almighty protected the Prophet's life at that time; and (3) Islam is the Divine Truth; (4) Allah Almighty did a Mighty Miracle by having Prophet Muhammad survive the poison that he ate for 3 years, while his companion died few minutes after he ate it!

 

He wrote:

          PART D - THE ADVENT OF MUHAMMAD'S DEATH

 

 

D1 [again quoting from Bukhari's Hadith 5.713:]

 

Narrated 'Aisha:

 

            The Prophet in his ailment in which he died, used to say, "O 'Aisha! I still feel the pain caused by the food I ate at Khaibar, and at this time, I feel as if my aorta is being cut from that poison."

 

 

D2

From Ibn Hisham page 678:

 

            While matters were thus the apostle began to suffer from the illness by which God took him to what honor and compassion He intended for him shortly before the end of Safar or in the beginning of Rabi'ul-awwal.  It began, so I have been told, when he went to Baqi'u'l-Gharqad in the middle of the night and prayed for the dead.  Then he returned to his family and in the morning his sufferings began.

 

 

D3

From Ibn Hisham page 679:

 

            Then the apostle's illness worsened and he suffered much pain.  He said, "Pour seven skins of water from different wells over me so that I may go out to the men and instruct them."  We made him sit down in a tub belonging to Hafsa d. Umar and we poured water over him until he cried, "Enough, enough!"

 

            ....then he [Muhammad] said, "God has given one of his servants the choice between this world and that which is with God and he has chosen the latter."

 

 

D4

From Ibn Hisham page 680:

 

            Then some of his wives gathered to him.... while his uncle Abbas was with him, and they agreed to force him to take medicine.  Abbas said, "Let me force him," but they did it.  When he recovered he asked who had treated him thus.  When they told him it was his uncle he said, "This is a medicine which women have brought from that country," and he pointed in the direction of Abyssinia [Ethiopia].  When he asked why they had done that his uncle said, "We were afraid that you would get pleurisy;" he replied, "That is a disease which God would not afflict me with.  Let no one stop in the house until they have been forced to take this medicine, except my uncle."  Maymuna [one of Muhammad's wives] was forced to take it although she was fasting because of the apostle's oath, as a punishment for what they had done to him.

 

 

D5

From Ibn Sa'd page 294

 

            Umm Bishr [the mother of the Muslim man who also died eating poison], came to the prophet during his illness and said, "O apostle of Allah!  I never saw fever like it in any one."  The prophet said to her, "Our trial is double and so our reward [in heaven], is double.  What do the people say about it [his illness]?"  She said, "They say it is pleurisy."  Thereupon the apostle said, "Allah will not like to make His apostle suffer from it (pleurisy) because it indicates the possession of Satan, but (my disease is the result of) the morsel that I had taken along your son.  It has cut my jugular vein."

SEE NOTE 3

 

 

D6

From Ibn Hisham page 682:

 

            ....that he heard Aisha [one of Muhammad's wives] say:  "The apostle died in my bosom during my turn: [the night Muhammad was to spend sleeping with her]  I had wronged none in regard to him.  It was due to my ignorance and extreme youth that the apostle died in my arms."

 

D7

From Ibn Sa'd page 322:

 

            When the last moment of the prophet was near, he used to draw a sheet over his face; but when he felt uneasy, he removed it from his face and said:  "Allah's damnation be on the Jews and the Christians who made the graves of their prophets objects of worship."

 

 

NOTE 3:  Pleurisy is an infection of a lung membrane.  It is painful.  I don't know why Muhammad considered this infection to be from Satan, but poisoning would not be from Satan.

 

My response:

If anything all of the narrations you provided prove, they prove that Allah Almighty protected the Prophet peace be upon him from dying immediately after taking the poison.  Prophet Muhammad lived all the way until his due time, and completed Islam as Allah Almighty Willed despite the fact that he took a poison.

If Allah Almighty Willed, He would've made Muhammad live for 10 years after he took the poison; not three!  Once Muhammad completed Islam to the Muslims through Allah Almighty's Holy and Divine Revelations, Allah Almighty decided to take his life:

"....This day have those who reject faith given up all hope of your religion: yet fear them not but fear Me. This day have I perfected your religion for you, completed My favour upon you, and have chosen for you Islam as your religion....(The Noble Quran, 5:3)"

 

He wrote:

          SUMMARY OF THE SOURCES

 

 

            Muhammad attacked Khaibar. He destroyed, tortured, murdered, plundered, and enslaved many people (ref Kitab al-Tabaqat al-Kabir, volume 2, page 134, 136, 137). They were not preparing to attack him. A Jewish woman, whose family had been wiped out by Muhammad, put poison into a lamb and fed it to Muhammad and the other Muslims. Muhammad ingested some of the poisoned lamb and began to feel it's effects. He died three years later as a result of the poisoning.

 

My response:

Three years later!  He didn't die immediately as his companion Bishr did.  Also, the Jews got what they deserved for betraying the Muslims during the battle.  Anyway, this is not something new to the Jews.  The Prophet punished them for what they did by Allah Almighty's Will and Wisdom.

 

He wrote:

          DISCUSSION

 

            What needs to be investigated here are the circumstances of Muhammad's death.   The Jews were planning to murder him.  The Jews believed that a real prophet would be forewarned of their deed but an impostor wouldn't be warned by God.  The Muslims also believed this; the other Muslim who died said that he didn't think Muhammad would eat of something that was poisoned (see quote in A6).

 

My response:

Muhammad did survive the poison by the Will of Allah Almighty.   Muhammad did not die immediately from the poison.  Also, like I mentioned above, this logic of yours also proves Jesus and the Biblical Prophets to be liars:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  (From the KJV Bible, Matthew 23:37)"

Jesus himself recognized that the Jews kill the Prophets.  So even if we were to assume that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was killed through poisoning by the Jews, this still, like I said, would not nullify Islam, nor prove it to be a false religion.

The Prophet's death three years after the poisoning incident while his companion died immediately after he ate from the poisoned lamb, clearly proves that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (1) Died a natural death and not a poisoned one from eating from the poisoned lamb; (2) Allah Almighty protected the Prophet's life at that time; and (3) Islam is the Divine Truth.

 

He wrote:

            The Jews were right, Muhammad did eat of the poison, and did die from it.  They proved, according to their test, that Muhammad was not a prophet.  As they said (quote A2):

 

            "We wanted to know if you were a liar in which case we would get rid of you, and if you are a prophet then the poison would not harm you."

 

            These Jews were convinced that a real prophet would know what was going on.  In this case Muhammad didn't know.  Only after Muhammad ate from the lamb did the lamb "talk to him".  I don't think that that was anything miraculous in itself; even the other Muslim knew it was bad before Muhammad ate from it.  Most adults know when they are eating something that is bad.  So for Muhammad to say the sheep "talked" to him is not prophetic at all.  Even a child spits out bad tasting food.

 

            Many times previously, Muhammad claimed to have had "revelations" that warned him of danger.  He even used one of these convenient "revelations" as grounds to attack the Jewish settlement of Banu Nadhir.  Yet at Khaibar the revelation came too late:  too late to save his own life, too late to save Bishr's life.

 

            As his illness wore on, Muhammad began to pray for healing – he even rubbed his “healing” hand upon himself.  Gabriel also got into the act and prayed for his healing  (see quotes C2 & C3).  Muhammad even got himself "cupped" (the best of all medicines!), (quote A5).  Obviously, at this point in time, Muhammad wanted to be healed. 

 

            But it didn't help.  As it progressively got worse, Muhammad realized that he was dying, ceased praying for healing (quote C4), and claimed that Allah had given him a choice to going to Paradise, or living on earth.  Muhammad said he then wanted to go to Paradise.  Knowing the game was up, he made the best out of a failed situation.

 

            Muhammad's earlier premonitions of his deaths read more like the cosmic words of a mystic.  Nothing definite is ever said about them until after his approaching death.  Perhaps he had seen this type of death before and knew the outcome.  It doesn't take a prophet or a "revelation" to know that death is near.

 

 

            My basic point is this:  the Jews proved that Muhammad was not a real prophet.  He ingested the poison, so did at least one of his followers.  He attempted to be healed, he tried his medicine, and his form of  “laying on of hands”, his prayer, Aisha’s prayer, and even Gabriel’s prayer, but in the end, he died from the poison.

 

My response:

Silas is obviously a complete joke when it comes to knowing about the Bible.  Like I said above, Muhammad did survive the poison by the Will of Allah Almighty.  Muhammad did not die immediately from the poison.  Also, like I mentioned above, this logic of yours also proves Jesus and the Biblical Prophets to be liars:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  (From the KJV Bible, Matthew 23:37)"

Jesus himself recognized that the Jews kill the Prophets.  So even if we were to assume that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was killed through poisoning by the Jews, this still, like I said, would not nullify Islam, nor prove it to be a false religion.

The Prophet's death three years after the poisoning incident while his companion died immediately after he ate from the poisoned lamb, clearly proves that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (1) Died a natural death and not a poisoned one from eating from the poisoned lamb; (2) Allah Almighty protected the Prophet's life at that time; and (3) Islam is the Divine Truth.

 

My response:

          QUESTIONS

 

 

1)         If Muhammad were a real prophet of God, why didn't he catch the poison before he ate it?

 

My response:

Muhammad did not die from the poison.  So the question is irrelevant.

 

He wrote:

2)         If you believe that it was God's will for Muhammad to have eaten the poison, along with Bishr, why then did Muhammad try to get well? Even Gabriel prayed for Muhammad to get better, but Allah didn't answer that prayer either.

 

My response:

Because Prophet Muhammad got ill and needed treatment.  But this still did not stop Islam from spreading; did not stop Allah Almighty's Holy and Divine Revelations from coming; and it did not kill our Prophet, becasue he did 3 long years after the incident took place.  He didn't die immediately after eating the poison like his companion Bishr did.

 

He wrote:

3)         Why did Gabriel not know the will of Allah? Why would Gabriel pray if Allah had decided death?

 

My response:

Who on this earth, including Jesus, knows the Will of GOD Almighty?!  Name him for us.  Even Jesus said "....Yet not as I will, but as you will.  (From the NIV Bible, Matthew 16:39)"

 

He wrote:

4)         Why did Muhammad force the other Muslims to drink the medicine he was given? One of them was one of his wives, and she was fasting. He forced her to break her fast and drink the medicine as well. Doesn't this sound vindictive and petty?

 

My response:

To a brainless moron like you who doesn't even know what Jesus said in the Bible, it could sound like anything.

 

He wrote:

5)         Why, when just before his death, did Muhammad have to utter a curse upon the Christians and the Jews? Wouldn't it have been better for Muhammad to pray for guidance for them? This also sounds like a jealous, bitter prayer to Allah. Muhammad prayed for and uttered curses instead of asking Allah to guide people.

 

My response:

Because the polytheist trinitarian pagans from the Christians, along with the satanic and betraying Jews, along with the pagan Arabs all allied themselves against the Muslims.  GOD Almighty's Curse will be upon the disbelievers in the Day of Judgement, and He will burn them in Hell; whether you like it or not.   It's Allah Almighty's Will, and this is how it goes.

 

He wrote:

6)         Why would pleurisy, which is a normal infection of the lung membrane, be considered to be from Satan, but being poisoned would not be from Satan?

 

My response:

Thoughts are satanic and from satan.  Evil actions are a result of a human's wickedness.

 

He wrote:

          CONCLUSION

            Muhammad was not a real prophet, he was a false prophet.  He died as a result of eating poison that he didn't know about.  The poisoned lamb "spoke" to him too late.  Only when he realized he was dying did Muhammad "spiritualize" his suffering and coming  death.  Prior to that he tried to get well.

            Moses knew about his coming death (Deut 34:1-5).  Jesus also knew of His future death (Mark 8:32, 32).  Yet Muhammad was in the dark until he himself realized he was going to die.

            Paul the apostle was bitten by a poisonous snake (Acts 28:1-6), but Paul suffered no ill effects from the bite.  God had his hand of protection on Paul, to finish the work laid out for him.  Muhammad died so suddenly that there was confusion as to would be the next ruler of the Islamic state.  To this day, part of that confusion remains. The Islamic world is divided in part because of this issue (Shia vs. Sunni).  Wouldn't Allah, who abhors division within the Ummah have protected Muhammad long enough to insure that his state remain unified, and a clearly defined successor be named?

            Jesus predicted false prophets would come into the world and mislead many (Matthew 24:24).  Muhammad was such a false prophet.  Both Jesus and Moses knew God face to face, Muhammad only had a spirit or angel he called "Gabriel" speaking to him.  In the end, even this angel's prayers were not answered by Allah.  Could it be that this "Gabriel" was preaching a false religion (Galatians 1:8) to Muhammad?  Could Gabriel have been a deceptive demon or Satan himself?

 

My response:

Your conclusion only proves that Jesus in the New Testament is a liar, along with all of the Biblical Prophets who were killed by the Jews.  That if we were to assume that Muhammad peace be upon him died from the poison 3 years later after taking it, while his companion died immediately after taking it.

Again, let us look at what Jesus said in the New Testament:

"O Jerusalem, Jerusalem, thou that killest the prophets, and stonest them which are sent unto thee, how often would I have gathered thy children together, even as a hen gathereth her chickens under her wings, and ye would not!  (From the KJV Bible, Matthew 23:37)"

Jesus himself recognized that the Jews kill the Prophets.  So even if we were to assume that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him was killed through poisoning by the Jews, this still, like I said, would not nullify Islam, nor prove it to be a false religion.

The Prophet's death three years after the poisoning incident while his companion died immediately after he ate from the poisoned lamb, clearly proves that Prophet Muhammad peace be upon him (1) Died a natural death and not a poisoned one from eating from the poisoned lamb; (2) Allah Almighty protected the Prophet's life at that time; and (3) Islam is the Divine Truth.

As to Islam and its Truth, read the Internal and Everlasting Miracles of the Noble Quran that exist within it to see the Divine Truth of Islam:

 

www.answering-christianity.com/sci_quran.htm

 

 

 

 

 

Back to My Rebuttals, and exposing the lies of the Answering Islam team section.

Rebuttals to Silas' Articles section.

Prophet Muhammad is a Murderer for KILLING the enemies?  WHAT ABOUT THE BIBLE'S PROPHETS' MURDERS that were blessed by GOD?

Answering Trinity.

Contradictions and History of Corruption in the Bible.

Questions about Jesus that trinitarian Christians don't have logical answers for.

What parts of the Bible do Muslims believe are closest to the Truth? and Why?

"Allah" was GOD Almighty's original Name in the Bible according to the Hebrew and Aramaic sources.

Scientific Miracles in Islam and the Noble Quran.

Most of the Bible's books and gospels were written by mysterious people!

Jesus mentioned Muhammad by the name in the Bible.

Did Isaiah 53 really prophesies about the crucifixion of Jesus? It supports Islam's claims about Jesus peace be upon him never died on the cross.  I also addressed John 19:36-37 from the Bible and proved that Jesus never got crucified, since GOD Almighty promised that he will protect Jesus' body and not let even a single bone be broken.  My question to all Christians is: How in the world is it possible for the feet to get nailed on the cross without any penetration to the bones by the nails, hence breaking part of the feet's bones?! I also added refutations to Exodus 12:46, Numbers 9:12, Zechariah 12:10 and Psalm 34:20, which supposedly prove the Christians' belief about Jesus crucifixion.  I proved that this dogma has no truth what so ever and exposed the wrong Trinitarian English translation of Zechariah 12:10.


Send your comments.

Back to Main Page.